Sheffield transformative justice learning group is a new open space for people to come together to learn about what accountability and transformative justice is and imagine ways to make acts of accountability concrete within our local spaces, networks and groups.
We meet up on the last Saturday afternoon (12pm-4pm) every two months in the 2nd floor co-working space at Union Street (18-20 Union Street, Sheffield, S1 2JP).
The first half involves bringing and sharing food with each other, chatting and having an informal check in about what experiences, ideas and issues people are bringing to the group to learn more about. After a break, the second half involves using a range of facilitated exercises to learn about our chosen focus in transformative justice approaches to violence and harm.
If you have any questions or concerns about coming along you can email the learning group coordinator Julia (julia.h.downes @ gmail.com)
Future Meetup Dates & Focus
- Saturday 29 June 2019 – Disability justice and crip approaches to harm
- Saturday 31 August 2019 – Self-accountability
- Saturday 26 October 2019 – Confronting our/a need for a one-size-fits-all solution
- Saturday 25 January 2020 – Complexities in defining abuse and conflict
- Saturday 28 March 2020 – What do we do with our feelings of anger and revenge towards ‘bad people’ in transformative justice approaches?
Saturday 27 October 2018 – First meeting
Saturday 24 November 2018 – What is Transformative Justice?
Saturday 19 January 2019 – Black women’s anti-violence activism
Saturday 23 February 2019 – Queer abolitionist approaches to harm